Behind the Numbers: Understanding the President's FY 2013 Budget Submission to Congress
Please join the Mercatus Center’s Capitol Hill Campus and Senior Research Fellow Jason Fichtner for a discussion on President Obama's FY 2013 budget submission to Congress.
Dr. Fichtner will address the following questions:
- How do we assess the president’s fiscal year 2013 budget proposal to Congress?
- Are there really spending cuts?
- Do we have extra money to spend from ending the war in Iraq?
- How does the president suggest Congress cuts $1.2 trillion required by the sequester?
- Are your taxes going to increase next year?
- Will the health care bill actually save money?
This event is free and open to all congressional, executive branch, and federal agency staff. This event is not open to the general public. Food will be provided. Due to space constraints, please no interns without prior approval. For any questions, please contact Ashley Schiller at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 993-9228.