Looking to start a career that advances liberty?
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is a growing university-based research center looking for someone who has the passion, drive, and get-it-done attitude to pursue an opportunity in event planning and customer service. As an associate, you will be working as part of a team responsible for delivering high quality events for Mercatus Center program and development events for the Mercatus Center and our sister organization, the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS). It is a fast-paced environment with many opportunities to interact with key policy makers and academics.
If you are a self-starter, interested in an event planning career, and share our passion for economic freedom and market-oriented solutions – we want to hear from you!
- Organize logistics for Mercatus Center program and development events with other event team members and the director of events.
- Manage registration and follow-up with event attendees.
- Develop and administer web marketing for events.
- Help grow the Mercatus and IHS brands and improve the quality of our events.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- At least one year experience in event or meeting management.
- A strong commitment to individual freedom and an appreciation for the mission of the Mercatus Center.
- Flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth.
- Health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health insurance premium and tax-free reimbursement of all deductible expenses, and paying 100% of the dental insurance premium).
- Flexible Spending Accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, 403(b) retirement savings program.
- One free course per semester at George Mason University (GMU).
Help us grow:
- Please submit your resume, a writing sample and a 350-word paragraph that tells us why you are a fit for this role at our organization.
- Please apply through our online application process.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University:
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to generate knowledge and understanding of the institutions that affect the freedom to prosper and to find sustainable solutions that overcome the barriers preventing individuals from living free, prosperous, and peaceful lives. Founded in 1980, the Mercatus Center is located on George Mason University’s Arlington campus.
- Work Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Work Schedule: Full-Time